Are you a spontaneous person and randomly like to go on backpacking trips? Then you probably need to rest somewhere at some time and for that to go successfully, you need a very good pillow to help you sleep comfortably and wake up feeling refreshed and energized for the next adventure ahead. You should probably consider the following factors while looking for a pillow if you are a backpacker and a side sleeper as well:
WEIGHT – you probably don’t want to increase the weight of your backpack because of your pillow. That’s why taking into consideration the weight of the pillow is very important.
SIZE – the pillow should not consume too much space in your backpack. Thus, a small size would be an ideal choice.
MATERIAL/FEEL – usually, the pillows made for backpacking can be aired down that’s why choosing the right material for you is important and necessary especially if you are a side sleeper.
Here, we have created a list to help you choose the best backpacking pillow for side sleepers.
OUR TOP PICKS
- This item retails for $18.75
- Dimensions – 16 x 12 x 5 inches
- Weight – 7 ounces
- It is made up of polyester.
- It has a soft foam filling and is easily compressed for smaller backpacking trips.
- The foam filling can expand up to 4 inches to provide support for your neck, head, and back wherever you wish to sleep.
- The compact design can be fitted anywhere in a duffle or suitcase and can be compressed securely by drawstrings when not in use.
- The polyester cover is super smooth against the skin and comfortable for a good night’s sleep.
- This item retails for $39.95
- Dimensions – 17 x 11 x 4 inches
- Weight – 9 ounces
- The pillow is designed for elevation and helps you to sleep elevated and comfortably to help you wake up feeling fresh because of the ergonomic valve that ca be inflated.
- The outer cover provides a luxurious feeling and is machine washable.
- It also has the feature of 3 inches beam baffled air cells that eliminate the traditional balloon feeling of the camp pillows and gives you a home-like feeling.
- It can be compressed to the size of a potato so you have enough room for other stuff.
- It is extremely versatile by providing lumbar support.
- This item retails for $58.95 – $84.95 depending on the size and color.
- Dimensions – 16.5 x 11 x 4.7 inches
- Weight – 3.4 ounces
- The pillow is woven from Nylon as an outer fabric with certified down fill
- It provides a luxurious feeling with the softness of Aeros inflatable pillow, hence is perfect for camping and side sleepers.
- It helps to travel light and can be compressed easily by the multifunction valve.
- This item retails for $16.97
- Dimensions- 16 x 12 x 4 inches
- Weight -1.4 ounces
- It can be compressed down to smaller than a can of soda, thus perfect for backpacking trips.
- This Aluft pillow always keeps you ready for your next adventure by providing ergonomic support for a comfortable good night’s sleep for side sleepers.
- It is ultralight and perfect for backpacking, so you don’t need yo worry about extra luggage.
- It can be inflated easily in 3-5 breaths.
- The new design increases surface friction and does not move your head unnecessarily.
- This item retails for $39.95
- Dimensions – 1 x 1 x 1 inches when not inflated.
- Weight – 0.16 ounces
- It gives a mother like comfort because of the four-way stretch nylon which gives a soft touch and does not allow you to feel pressure points even though you put your face weight into it. Thus, it is very comfortable for side sleepers.
- It comes with the new technology of sleeping pads with extra materials to help you feel cozy.
- It has a built-in advanced heat reflective technology and is very useful at backpacking trips to keep the surface warm without overheating.
- The beam construction reduces weight while providing consistent stability.
- The two-way valve allows for easy inflation and deflation
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
The THERMAREST COMPRESSIBLE TRAVEL PILLOW FOR CAMPING is the best backpacking pillow for side sleepers because it has all the features required. It is made up of polyester and has a soft foam filling and is easily compressed for smaller backpacking trips. The foam filling can expand up to 4 inches to provide support for your neck, head, and back wherever you wish to sleep. The compact design can be fitted anywhere in a duffle or suitcase and can be compressed securely by drawstrings when not in use. The polyester cover is super smooth against the skin and comfortable for a good night’s sleep.